The Closed Guard Masterclass - Digital Download
The Closed Guard Masterclass
Welcome to the Closed Guard Masterclass!
This exceptional new closed guard instructional is brought to you by Nic Gregoriades, a fourth-degree black belt under the legendary Roger Gracie.The closed guard arguably the most fundamental and important position in jiu jitsu, and in this instructional video, Nic shares over 2 and half hours of his favourite and most effective closed guard techniques.
About Nic Gregoriades
Nic is Roger Gracie’s first black belt and known for his successful book, 'The Black Belt Blueprint' and his holistic and effective approach to jiu jitsu training. He was awarded his black belt in just over 4 years and is renowned for his patient and innovative teaching style. Almost everyone agrees that concepts are one of the best ways to absorb jiu jitsu. Nic designs his lessons around concepts so that you learn quickly and retain what you learn
About The Masterclass Series
Nic has spent over 20 years studying and teaching the art of jiu jitsu. He has traveled the world and learned from the best to bring you the very highest quality jiu jitsu instruction available in this series of instructional videos.
By drawing on his extensive experience as both a competitor and teacher, as well as learning from his global network of training partners, Nic has designed the Masterclass Series to ensure that no matter what your level, you will experience rapid and enjoyable progress in your study of jiu jitsu.
The Masterclass Series was filmed in a unique and intimate 'fly on the wall' style while Nic was teaching his own students. This is closest thing that you can get to experiencing what it is like to be taught by Nic personally in a class environment.
No matter where you are on your journey from white to black belt, the Masterclass Series has you covered. From new details on the simplest fundamental techniques to the most advanced jiu jitsu, it's all here. Nic is also often referred to as a 'coaches' coach'. His lessons are crafted to make learning both easy and stimulating. If you're a teacher they can be easily adapted for your own students.
Masterclass Series Testimonials
“Nic is an excellent teacher and fighter who understands jiu-jitsu on a deep level. I trust him to teach the art to the hundreds of students at my academy.”
- Roger Gracie
"Nic is a great training partner and he's got an amazing ground game. I really enjoyed training with him".
- George St Pierre
- Bryan Haardt
"I really appreciate your excellent instruction. It has been an invaluable supplement to my training and has really opened my eyes to some of the nuances and details especially as I have progressed to higher belts and the corresponding tougher opponents... ".
Lessons included in the Closed Guard Masterclass:
CLOSED GUARD TOP GAME
- Classic Standing Closed Guard Break
- Classic Standing Closed Guard Break without Sleeve
- Classic Standing Closed Guard Break Details
- Logsplitter Closed Guard Break
- Silverback Closed Guard Break
- Leapfrog Guard Break
- Single Under Stack Pass
- Back Step from Single Under
- Potato Smasher Choke
- Potato Smasher Choke Details
- Potato Smasher Defense
- Closed Guard Tripod Pass (No-Gi)
- Closed Guard Tripod Pass Head Position Detail (No-Gi)
CLOSED GUARD BOTTOM GAME
- Breaking Posture in Closed Guard
- Armbar from Closed Guard Against Stiff Arm
- Counter to Armbar Stack Defense
- Inversion Counter to Armbar Stack Defense
- Cross Choke from Closed Guard
- Setting Up Cross Choke from Closed Guard
- Waiter Defense to Cross Choke from Closed Guard
- Butterfly Kick Out Finish to Cross Choke
- Details of Basic Grips for Triangle Entry
- Finishing the Triangle
- Early Triangle Stack Defense Counter
- Reverse Triangle Counter to stack Defense
- No-Gi Triangle Fundamentals
- No-Gi Triangle Counter Prevention
- No-Gi Triangle Defense Counters
- Escaping the Triangle Choke
- Step Over Triangle Escape
- Step Up Triangle Escape
- Omoplata Entry with Same Side Sleeve
- Omoplata Finishing Details
- Omoplata Roll Counter Drill
- Scissor Sweep
- Scissor Sweep Variation
- Scissor Sweep Setup to Triangle
- Setting Up High Guard
- 3 Attacks from High Guard